Regional food economies
Local organic agriculture
Community food strategies
Research and Advocacy
Media-Based Education: Print and Web-based media that advance a sustainable and just regional food system
* We only accept applications from farms that produce food
** You do not need to be a legal entity to receive money from the Carrot Cache.
Organizations that have received funding from Carrot Cache 3 or more times in the past
Organizations that currently receive money from family foundations, the United Way or government (including grants from the Trillium foundation).
With the exception of organizations that:
- Have no core funding (no guaranteed year-after-year funding from any source)
- Have a full-time, year-round staff of 3 or less
- Have no staff dedicated solely to fundraising
- Have no funding from family foundations/government or United Way for the program they are applying for.
Travel, individual education, HST, conferences and projects outside of Ontario
Projects that are completed and seeking cost recovery
Carrot Cache grants and loans are between $500 and $5000
Carrot Cache makes secured loans through Alterna Savings credit union and purchases non-voting shares in worker co-operatives and businesses. These can be for amounts between $5000 and $15,000 and requires an accompanying business plan summary.